Sunday, August 16, 2009

After lunch,my mum suddenly asked me to bake Butter Cake for tomorrow.
I baked Butter Cake a lot of times until my fingers including my toe also not enough to count.
A big NO,I prefer to try something new.
So I open the book I borrowed from my chef,Oven Magic.
I found WEEKED CITRON
All the ingredient is quite simple and I have it all besides jam thingy.
I felt that it still a nice cake without that so I decided to make this lemon cake.
The methods are quite complicated anyway.
After I put the cake into oven then I read back the methods only I realised that I did not cook the butter until brown.XP
First time so I forgive you,blue fish.
The lemon cake from oven.
At first I don't think of put the icing on top of the cake but it don't have lemon flavour at all><
When I read the ingredients of icing, "lan mu jiu"(the book is in chinese).
I was wondering what kind of liquor is this?!!??
Is it RUM???
Then I suddenly think of my mum always drink "lum jiu"(in hokkien).
LAN MU JIU....LAM JIU....lan mu jiu...lam jiu
Ehhh???!!Don't you think they sound very similiar??lolz
I took out the botol of liquor from cabinet and sought for the word RUM but I can't find any RUM word on it.
Who cares!???Just use it,since I got this liquorXP
Lemon cake coated with icing.
The icing colour suppose to be whiter as I saw in the book,mine nearly transparent already.
Anyway,the cake became GORGEOUS with the icing.
It have the taste of lemon and also "lan mu jiu"!!!
YES!!Success~
***big applause

No comments:

Post a Comment